After FDR Mediation

Send by email

Once you have a Parenting Agreement to hand after a successful FDR mediation session, you are not required to do anything else. However, there are a few common scenarios to keep in mind, which may apply to you now or in the future. 

You are happy with the Parenting Agreement, but you want it formalised by way of Consent Order

In this case, you will need to apply to the Family Court to get a Parenting Order. You can apply with forms found on the Ministry of Justice website.

You will need to attach a copy of your Parenting Agreement from your FDR mediation.

If the Parenting Agreement is not working out

You may always return to mediation to address any issues with the Parenting Agreement. Simply complete a further FDR Mediation application.

Please note that parties are eligible for two rounds of FDR mediation in any 12 month period on a partially funded basis.  Any further services would be provided on a non-funded basis.

One party is not following the Parenting Agreement

If someone is not fulfilling their side of a formal Parenting Plan after FDR mediation you may want to apply to the Family Court for a Parenting Order.

Find out more on the Ministry of Justice website.