After FDR

Once you have a Parenting Plan to hand after a successful FDR Mediation, you are not required to do anything else. However, there are a few common scenarios to keep in mind, which may apply to you now or in the future. 

You are happy with the Parenting Plan, but you want it formalised by way of Consent Order

In this case, you will need to apply to the Family Court to get a Parenting Order. You can apply with forms found on the Ministry of Justice website.

You will need to attach a copy of your Parenting Plan from your FDR Mediation.


If the Parenting Plan is not working out

You may always return to FDR Mediation to address any issues with the Parenting Plan. Simply complete a further FDR Mediation application.

Please note that parties are eligible for 12 hours of FDR Mediation services in any 12 month period.  Any further services would be provided on a non-funded basis.


One party is not following the Parenting Plan

If someone is not fulfilling their side of a formal Parenting Plan after FDR Mediation you may want to apply to the Family Court for a Parenting Order.

Find out more on the Ministry of Justice website.

The process gave me courage to explain to my ex-partner what I was not happy with, without them walking out on me. I think it was the first time my ex has actually listened.

Skip to content